Monday 17 March 2008

78e Salon International de l'auto & Accessoires Geneve

It was one of the few moments in my life when neglecting all the MBA sustainability effect and any imaginable and unimaginable human virtues my mind was screaming: "I want only money, I want lots of it and I want it right now!!!".

78e SALON INTERNATIONAL DE L'AUTO & ACCESSOIRES GENEVE.

Duh... I don't know where to start and what to tell you about, folks. My companion, at least had a clear picture in the end which car he exactly wanted. I left the exhibition with luxury and technical shock and with a dozen of options of what I could potentially want.

Jaguar, Aston Martin, SAAB, Audi are just the few coming into my mind at once.


It was luxury, glossy, serious, flirty, appealing and frightening... all at a time.It was very busy. I would not imagine that there were so many people in this little Europe willing to "cash out" enormous sums of money for those
terrific pieces of iron, glass, leather and plastic. But it is good! Very stimulating. For instance, instigates to go and win a lottery, or... rob a bank... or, worst case, WORK HARD. ;-)

After a few hours of roaming from Mercedes to Porsche and on, I was looking at the cars as at the pairs of shoes. And everything looked normal, and everything looked affordable. :-) I was wandering, and wandering, and wandering, and every other model looked better than the previous one until I realized that we were walking in circles and that all the comparisons were fake.

In the end of the luxury tour we went out to have a grab and found ourselves eating (don't laugh here) a kebab!! Yes, yes! I am not a great fan of such kind of meal and I don't remember when I was eating it the last time, but, oh, how much I enjoyed that one! We were probably so tired of walking around and bored with luxury ;-) that we were devouring those kebabs stupidly looking and laughing at each other.

Yes, a gorgeous day! And now I know where to spend my next salary!

No comments: