Thursday 13 March 2008

Daily life...

It's two weeks I am in France. Got to know many interesting people. I think I already even managed to establish dinner-out tradition in my department. Hehe... They call it team-building, isn't it?
Got some bureaucratic "complications" at work, but honestly don't want to complain about it here. First of all, I think I have already steamed out a bit by complaining to some of my friends directly (hehe) and, secondly, it's not the main thing in life, isn't it?
So... My further impressions! When I first came to Belfort, I was told that it's a very sunny place. But... it has been more than a week now that it is either raining or pouring! And I got really confused. Then the locals told me that it's March which usually likes to play up like that. And they almost assured me that once March is over, it's gonner be the promised sunshine again! Ok, we'll see... But they better be right.
Since, again, it has been raining a lot these days I did not really travel or do anything exciting. Meanwhile, managed to explore some local bars. Well... as I mentioned before... seems like I became a (co-)founder of team building events here. So, there are cozy places to go to... Meal is good and (of coz) wine too! In addition, in some of the bars one can experience an authentic treatment of the owner. And it's hilarious. In brief: the owner tastes wines, which he serves, with each of his clients. So... u can imagine that by the end of the day he gets so... "tasted" that he starts kicking up a row in his own bar/ restaurant. And it ends up being picturesque and very funny!
Another thing is that I think I found a permanent apartment here. Finally(!) because it was getting very annoying living with awareness of absence of your own place for quite some time. The one I found looks very cute. It's in the very heart oof the city, in the old city center. and it faces the citadell, a famous Belfort sightseeing. Hope it goes well this time. :-)
These are the updates, in brief. A vrai dire, I am lazy ro write anymore now and I am wrapping it up for now!
Au revoir and stay tuned.

No comments: